If you need more than three medications in a three month period, or more than 11 prescriptions in 12 months, a Prescription Prepayment Certificate (PPC) will help you save money.
An NHS prescription costs £9.35 per item but with a PPC, you can get all of your own NHS prescriptions, no matter how many items you need for the following costs:
- £30.25 for 3 months
- £108.10 for 12 months (monthly payment plan is available)
- A PPC is available to anyone.
- The certificate covers all NHS prescriptions, including dental prescriptions.
- PPC does not include NHS wigs and fabric support.
- Medicines purchased over the counter
- If you have an existing PPC, you can switch to a digital PPC.
You can buy a PPC through a registered pharmacy, or online. Your PPC will be valid from the day you call or submit your application.