If you are finding it difficult at home with daily tasks, there is a range of specially designed equipment to help make life easier and enable you to live independently in your own home.
For patients living in the boroughs of Hackney, Havering, Newham or Redbridge please follow the below links:
For patients living in Barking and Dagenham, City of London, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest Medequip Assistive Technology is the provider of the Community Equipment Service.
To access equipment, you will need to have an Occupational Therapy assessment. You can ask your GP for a referral or if you are to be discharged from hospital, an assessment can be arranged. To enquire or request an assessment, you can contact the Adult Social Care Team:
- Barking and Dagenham Council resident: call 020 8227 2915 or email Intaketeam@lbbd.gov.uk
- Waltham Forest Council resident: call 020 8496 3000 or email email@example.com
- Tower Hamlets Council resident: call 020 7364 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- City of London Council resident: call 020 7332 1224 or email email@example.com
If you have already benefited from equipment loaned to you that you no longer need, Medequip can arrange a free collection, to recycle and help others in need. Contact us on 020 8709 7050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also return equipment to your local Medequip depot.
Unit 2, The Orbital Centre
Essex IG8 8HH
For more information about Medequip, please visit www.medequip-uk.com/contact/essex
Further Independent Living Support Options
Self-care empowers you to live independently for longer, giving you the confidence to remain in your own home and complete everyday tasks safely.
For online advice, please visit medequip.livingmadeeasy.org.uk – an online self-assessment tool, giving you free impartial advice about all types of equipment, to make daily living easier.
For self-funded mobility and disability equipment options please visit www.manageathome.co.uk – Your Medequip Online Retail Store.
For self-funded telecare options please visit www.medequip-connect.com.
- Local Medequip Service Centre: www.medequip-uk.com/contact/essex
- Online self-assessment: https://medequip.livingmadeeasy.org.uk/
- Manage At Home: www.manageathome.co.uk