Medicines management is an evidence-based approach to prescribing which balances the safety, tolerability, effectiveness, cost and simplicity of treatments. Good medicines management means that patients receive better, safer and more convenient care.
Medicines management includes:
- Giving unbiased information about medicines and treatments
- Supporting practitioners and patients to make best use of medicines
- Minimising the harm caused by medicines
- Developing local guidelines to optimise the management of conditions
- Communicating with local hospital trusts
The medicines management team
We aim to improve the health of the population in Barking and Dagenham, Havering and Redbridge by promoting the safe, cost-effective and evidence based use of medicines.