North East London Health & Care Partnership logo

Community equipment loan service

About this service

If you are finding it difficult at home with daily tasks, there is a range of specially designed equipment to help make life easier and enable you to live independently in your own home.

The service provides a range of equipment to help you live independently. This funded by your local council and NHS.

For patients living in Barking and Dagenham, City of London, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest, the provider of the Community Equipment Service is Medequip Assistive Technology.

Who can use this service

To access equipment, you will need to have an Occupational Therapy assessment. You can ask your GP for a referral or if you are to be discharged from hospital, an assessment can be arranged.

To enquire or request an assessment, you can contact your local council’s Adult Social Care team.

How to access this service

For patients living in the boroughs of Hackney, Havering, Newham or Redbridge please follow the below links:

Location Who to contact

Barking & Dagenham

Waltham Forest

Tower Hamlets

City of London


Leave feedback about this page

If you would like to leave feedback about how useful you found the content on this page, please complete the form below.