What is Patients Know Best?
Patients Know Best (PKB) is a secure online portal that allows you to store your health records in one place to give you instant access to and better control of important information such as appointment letters, appointments, care plans and medical correspondence between you and your healthcare team.
When and how?
From Spring 2023, patients can access PKB using NHS login via the NHS app.
Once you are signed up, you’ll be able to see your hospital appointment information to begin with. In the future, you will see more of your health record such as test results, scan reports and care plans.
All your data is stored securely.
It’s free to all our patients and easy-to-use. Simply log in to the NHS app from your smartphone or tablet.
The portal will be available to all patients of our partner Trusts:
Please note: Not all of the portal’s features are available in all of the services across the Trusts, but we are rapidly expanding across the Trusts.
East London NHS Foundation Trust (ELFT) – Coming soon
Patients Know Best will allow you to:
- Have better choice and control of your healthcare
- Sharing your record: Share your record with your GP, hospital consultant, at-home care provider, pharmacist, paramedic, carer or next of kin. You can control what they see with privacy and consent settings.
- Seeing your record anytime: See all your appointments together in one place and access it wherever you go, at home or abroad.
- Adding your data: Add important information about your past medical history or any old clinical documentation so it’s there in one place, when you need it.
- Tracking your health: Keep a journal, monitor your symptoms and add measurements. Then if something isn’t quite right, you know when to contact your healthcare team.
Help and Support
If you need help with registering or using PKB, please email email@example.com.
If you have a query about the PKB information you can see, please contact the Trust that invited you to join.
You will only be able to find service desk details below of trusts which have currently gone live.