We encourage local people to respond to consultations and engagement exercises to tell us what they think about areas of our work. We do this in different ways, including holding events and asking questions online.
Consultations and engagement exercises are a vital way of getting local people involved and influencing decisions in north east London. Your feedback helps us with planning and buying health services that meet the diverse needs of our local communities. It is important to us that local people influence local health and care services and our plans. We are committed to ensuring our consultations are transparent and easy to understand, and we work closely with local authorities and Healthwatches.
Consultations and engagement exercises can take place at local, regional and national levels. Occasionally, we will need to formally consult or engage about proposals. This is usually when there is a proposal to make major changes to health services, develop new ones or create new strategies or policies for health and care services in north east London. When we do formally consult we ensure we meet our statutory and legal duties by following the ‘Gunning principles’. These are:
- Ensure that the consultation or engagement exercise is undertaken at a time when the proposal is still at a formative stage
- The consultation or engagement exercise must include sufficient reasons for a particular proposal to allow those consulted to give intelligence consideration and intelligent responses
- Adequate time must be given for this purpose
- All consultation and engagement feedback must be conscientiously taken into account when the ultimate decision is taken.
Current consultations and engagement exercises
Previous consultations and engagement exercises
- Proposed new health and care centre in Ilford (26 September – 6 November 2022)
- Developing Community Diagnostic Centres (closed 13 September 2022)
- Proposed changes to NHS help to try to have a baby (closed 22 August 2022)
- Managing high blood pressure (closed 29 July 2022)
- Evening and weekend GP services – when would you like to be seen? (closed – 20 July 2022)