We are responsible for planning and buying health services for the people of Havering and making sure these services meet the needs of local people.
It’s our job to make sure that you receive high quality healthcare services whenever you need them – whether this is advice from a pharmacist or GP, a procedure in hospital, help at home through local community services, or if you need support with your mental health.
With seven other local authority areas – Barking and Dagenham, City of London, Hackney, Newham, Redbridge, Tower Hamlets, and Waltham Forest – we make up NHS North East London.
Place based Partnerships
Place based Partnerships bring together the NHS, local government and providers of health and social care services, including the voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector, Care sector, residents and communities. With the purpose of working together to ensure the Health and Wellbeing needs of our communities and future communities, are met, with the citizen’s needs at the heart of everything we do.
Havering partners are working to develop a strong and ongoing relationship with local people and staff, so we codesign our priorities and plans, ensuring that we are able to improve services in a way that will truly improve lives across the borough. We are strongly focussed on integrating services across health, care and the Community and Voluntary Sector, and supporting local people with the wider things that impact health and wellbeing, such as housing, social isolation and employment.
The partnership is in the early stages of development, but already has strong buy in from partners, and is committed to better meet the needs of local people, and in particular to reduce health inequalities.
Each Place (e.g. Havering) is the bedrock of integration of health and care services; with local ‘neighbourhood’ teams of health and care staff working much more closely with the community and voluntary sector and primary care networks – GP practices working together in their areas – to improve the way that care is delivered to local people. Through this approach local people will receive more seamless care, tailored to their needs.
In Havering our place based partnership brings together local partners as set out below, to pool our resources and support local people:
- The London Boroughs of Havering, including Social Care, Housing, and wider wellbeing and support services
- North East London NHS Foundation Trust (NELFT)
- Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust (BHRUT)
- Primary care, and Primary Care Networks – groups of GP practices working together with a range of local providers including social care, and the voluntary and community sector
- Healthwatch Havering
- GP Federation – Havering Health
- The Partnership of East London Co-operatives (PELC)
- Care Providers Voice
- A wide range of Community and Voluntary sector partners
- Our innovation partner Care City
Our initial key priorities as a place partnership are:
- Addressing inequalities and embedding prevention in every interaction; we have a number of workstreams focussed on this, including work to develop an all age obesity strategy for Havering, and many other initiates such as supporting unpaid Carers, and those who are Housebound
- Addressing our workforce issues through innovation
- Developing a different relationship with local people and staff so that they can truly shape the services that are provided to them develop more integrated ways of working at a local level, focussed around the needs of local people
- Improve the wellbeing of Children and young people prevention, and children and young people and adults safeguarding
- Improve mental health support
- Supporting people to remain well at home
- Ongoing development of the Borough Partnership
- Organisational development (OD) and building trusted relationships
- Improve information and advice for local people, and navigation of care and services
- Make better use of our joint estate and infrastructure across the borough to support local people. We have already started to do this through the development of ‘warm hubs’ etc.
North East London Health and Care Partnership
NHS North East London is part of North East London Health and Care Partnership. This is a formal alliance of health, care and community partners that works with and for all the people of north east London to create meaningful improvements in health, wellbeing and equity.
We want to make sure that local people across Havering have access to the care and support they need. We will actively seek opportunities to work alongside residents and communities to co-design solutions to some of the challenges we face. We are always keen to find out what our local communities in Havering think and feel about their local NHS and care services through a range of activities including surveys, focus groups and workshops, as well as through partner organisations and patient forums.
You can get involved in a variety of ways:
- Havering’s Patient Engagement Forum (PEF) (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Join your local GP practice’s Patient Participation Group (PPG)
- Ask a question at our NHS North East London Board meetings
- Have your say on proposed changes to healthcare in Havering, and across north east London
- Join the online North East London Citizens’ Panel
- Get in touch with your local Healthwatch organisation
- We regularly share updates with our patients and stakeholders. If you would like to be added to our mailing list to receive this update by email, please contact email@example.com
- You can also follow us on Twitter @NHS_NELondon
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any other NHS North East London queries, including any specific to Havering.