North East London Health & Care Partnership logo

Emergency dental care

Royal London Dental Hospital

How to get support

If you need emergency dental care and you are already registered with a dentist, please call them first. 

They will carry out an assessment of your needs over the phone, manage your problem remotely or arrange a face to face appointment. If your dentist cannot help you straight away, they will find another practice that can help you.

If you are not registered with dentist or your dentist is closed you can also access urgent help by calling NHS 111.

They will be able to advise you, and could help you find an emergency dentist in your area.

Depending on your symptoms, they might advise you to:

  • call 999 or go to A&E in an emergency
  • contact an emergency dentist or find a dentist
  • go to an urgent treatment centre
  • book a callback from a nurse
  • how to look after yourself at home

Finding the right urgent help

Knowing the right route to urgent care can help you get seen more quickly. Hospital A&E departments can be extremely busy. There are many other urgent care services in your community that could help. Find out where to get the right help below. 


Leave feedback about this page

If you would like to leave feedback about how useful you found the content on this page, please complete the form below.